Saturday, June 23, 2012

Featured Artist: White Owl Designs

My Featured Artist today is Sandra Walton of White Owl Designs.

Sandra has been painting and creating art forms since she was 14 years old. She has lived all over the Southwest and I believe I see a reflection of that region in some of her work. In her "Rainbow Medicine Wheel" hand painted beads, I see the powerful blues and vibrant colors of the Southwest.

Sandra's Dark, Romantic Valentine Necklace, showcases enchanting shades of red in her unique beads. All of Sandra's beads are painted on wood with a most unusual technique. Porcupine quills allow her to achieve great detail on these beauties.

Currently working out of her Santa Cruz studio, Sandra describes her Art on beads as "each one has a story, a unique and original design" White Owl Designs Studio also demonstrates a playful whimsy in many of her items. I love these pink skull earrings.

I've only touched on a few of the wonderful items you'll find at www.WhiteOwlDesigns.artfire.com . I hope you'll take the time to visit her and see for yourself her lovely creative work.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I hadn't noticed the wonderful red beads in this shop before I read your article. She truly is a talented artists. Great write-up! :-)

    ReplyDelete